A 14 Day / 72 Hour Intensive Permaculture Design Course
During this permaculture design course participants will be introduced to the ethics, principles, and methods of sustainable design. Participants will learn how to design, create, and maintain agriculturally productive ecosystems and sustainable human settlements.
The design course will be held at Texastopia Farm on the Blanco River just a few miles west of Blanco, Texas. This site offers a learning experience in one of the most beautiful Hill Country regions of Texas. It will be a memorable, paradigm shifting experience.
The primary instructor, Kirby Fry, has studied under both Bill Mollison and Allan Savory. Kirby graduated from Texas A & M University with a degree in Natural Resource Conservation, served in the US Peace Corps in Guatemala, and has been teaching about and creating sustainable design systems for over 25 years. Other guest teachers to be announced.
This intensive permaculture design course will cover but is not limited to:
- Introduction to permaculture design – ethics, principles, methods and function of design.
- Patterns in nature. Patterns in design. Climate and how to mimic natural ecosystems.
- Water management strategies.
- Soil sciences. Soil conservation strategies – roads, dams, conservation terraces, key line plowing.
- Culinary, medicinal, pollinator, and annual gardens.
- Edible beneficial perennial gardens.
- The built environment.
- Small animal systems.
- Intensive cell grazing systems. Holistic management.
- Plant propagation. Wood lot management.
- Invisible structures. Managing non-profit and for-profit corporations.
- Design projects will be assigned to the class.
Optional catered meal plan by Sullivan Street Catering: $500
Camping available. 2 RV hookups available.
Indoor and outdoor shower and bathroom facilities available.
Reserve your seat with a $250 deposit via PayPal or by mailing a check to:
Earth Repair Corps, 1483 CR 311, McDade, TX 78650
Final payment due by the first class meeting. For alternative payment arrangements, email us.
Questions? Email earthrepaircorps at gmail dot com.