Earth Repair Corps
1483 County Road 311
McDade, TX 78650
1) The entrance is marked with a small, New Leaf Farm sign along Littig Road. Parking will be “angled parking” along the farm’s entrance and driveway. We will be parking below their main pond, and will then need to walk uphill a couple of hundred yards to the work site. Check-in and registration will be under the pavilion / post and beam shed roof below the main pond.
2) Please bring with you what you might bring to a picnic or day outing, including portable lawn chairs, beverages, snacks, blankets to sit on, EZ ups, and any other accessories for a comfortable day long event outdoors.
3) Other snacks and lunch will be provided for below the main pond under the “pavilion,” but once you’re up at the gardens and orchard, please bring what you might need to be comfortable for a few hours. Drinking water will be provided for at the work site.
4) There is a well designed composting toilet / outhouse available for our use just above the main pond. The nearest convenience store is less than 5 miles away at the intersection of US 290 and County Line Road.
5) The tools we will need include long handled round head shovels for trench digging, bow rakes, post hole diggers, fence tightening tools, a few wheelbarrows for mixing and hauling, a few 5 gallon buckets for mixing and hauling, hand trowels for planting, 50′ garden hoses, and hose bib T’s and valves for watering plants in.
Thanks everyone, it will be great seeing you there!